Monday, February 22, 2010

Shredded Chicken & Cheese Enchiladas


Staters had some chicken breasts on sale the other day and we loaded up! I like to freeze them and use em whenever we are wanting some chicken! Well the Hubbs was craving some Enchiladas, so I decided to throw 3 large breasts(chicken breast that is...he he he) in the crock pot with some stewed diced tomatoes, a little salt/pepper 4 cloves of garlic(we LOVE garlic), and half an onion. I let it go on low for pretty much the whole day. I then took it out and shredded every last bit. Made some enchilada sauce(packet by Lawry's) and shredded 2+ cups of cheese and grabbed the flour tortillas. I actually don't do my enchiladas the traditional way...truthfully its more of a Mexican casserole type of dish.


Just layered all the goodness about 4 times, finished with the rest of the sauce and last of the cheese, and baked for 25 minutes at 350. And TA-DA!!! They were DELISH! Picture doesn't do the flavor justice! We are not a enchilada topping kinda Family...we just wanna get down to business with the food at hand...lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment