Thursday, February 18, 2010

The endless possibilites of shredded beef!

One of the easiest things I do for meals, is make shredded beef. You are probably thinking what??? But its true! I will take like a 3-4lb hunk of chuck or whatever meat they have on sale at that moment, and stew it down to shredded goodness. I then use that beef for...well, just about everything! I can then mix it with gravy and veggies and pour it over mashed potatoes, or maybe make a fully loaded burrito, or enchiladas, and sometimes I even do large shreds and put it in my beef stroganoff(like last night)! I am sure you guys get the idea...endless possibilities!

For my beef I usually season heavily with salt and pepper and then sear all sides in a pot with a pad of butter and Tbl spoon of olive oil. I like a nice crust around all sides of the meat. I then just use a can of beef broth and fill the rest of the pot with water to cover the top of the meat and let stew(covered) for 2-3hrs or until it shreds nicely. That's it! There are SO many different things you can add to it while stewing(onion, garlic, canned tomatoes, etc.)! I even save the broth it was made in and use it for a bunch of things! It is the ultimate deliciousness!


I am hoping Jenn will let me post her Mexican Shredded Beef recipe! I haven't made it yet, but it sounds SO good! Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment